National Community Survey
In April 2023, the Village of Arlington Heights conducted its first ever National Citizen Survey, which surveyed residents in order to provide feedback to Village Staff to help understand the community’s needs and perspectives.The National Community Survey (The NCS) was developed by National Research Center (NRC) at Polco. This scientific assessment measures 10 faces of community livability according to residents, focusing on:
- Community Design
- Natural environment
- Parks & Recreation
- Health & Wellness
- Education, Arts & Culture
- Inclusivity & Engagement
Key Findings Conclude That...
- Arlington Heights residents experience a high quality of life and a strong sense of community
- Residents generally feel safe in Arlington Heights and continue to prioritize safety within the Village
- Arlington Heights' educational and cultural opportunities are a valued aspect of the community
- Residents appreciate many aspects of the local economy but show concern about general affordability and their own economic outlook
Results will be utilized to monitor trends and resident opinions over time, measure government performance, inform decision making and strategic planning, and compare our results with other communities.
National Community Survey Results