Summary of Strategic Priorities
Every two years the Village Board meets to discuss the current challenges facing the community and to determine its Strategic Priorities for the Village. Identified priorities will serve as the guiding principles for the development the Village Staff’s biannual business plan and for the annual budget process.
Strategic Priorities 2024-2025
On Tuesday, September 6, 2023 the Village Board approved the below Strategic Priorities for 2024-2025.
- Work with the Chicago Bears Football Club, our residents and business, and all other local, regional, and state-wide partners to develop a responsible, mutually beneficial, and one-ofa-kind redevelopment plan for the former Arlington Racetrack site that benefits our community’s interests and is worthy of the property’s legacy.
- Continue to maintain good fiscal stewardship of Village resources ensuring ethical and efficient financial decision making on behalf of taxpayers (tied with #3).
- Pursue environmentally sustainable programs and business practices within the Village, including the encouragement and facilitation of alternative transportation options such as pedestrian and bicycle access (tied with #2).
- Continue efforts to maintain high quality core municipal services (tied with #5).
- Develop new and creative ways to enhance public safety for residents, businesses, and all who visit the Village of Arlington Heights (tied with #4).
- Continue to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts with an emphasis on creating a sense of belonging and engagement within the community and Village Government.
- Maintain focus on the long-term design, construction, and maintenance of the Village’s infrastructure program.
- Seek economic development initiatives to strengthen the local economy, reduce vacancies, and enhance key gateways (tied with #9).
- Seek, maintain, and expand attainable housing within the community (tied with #8).